How A FIAT Oil Change Works
- Ensure you have the appropriate filter for your FIAT. It’s a good idea to check the owner’s manual on your FIAT before you order a new oil filter, but generally speaking, you want an oil filter that’ll last for 3,000 mile oil change intervals.
- You’ll need to jack up your car and ensure you have the proper tools: Box-end wrench, rubber mallet, filter wrench, drain pan, and – of course – your new filter.
- You’ll next remove the drain plug and allow the old oil to flow out. Put a receptacle below the drain plug, so that the old oil doesn’t spill all over.
- Remove the oil filter and install the new one.
- If needed, install a new gasket on the plug. Tighten with the box-end wrench.
There are a few other things to keep in mind: You’ll want to make sure the engine is warm enough to warm the oil, but not too hot. You’ll also want to use jack stands; never work under a car that’s only supported by a jack.
Make Use of Our Service Specials and Coupons in Tacoma, WA
If you don’t feel comfortable changing the oil on your FIAT yourself, let our Seattle-area service technicians take care of oil change services for you. Whether you’re looking for an oil change on your FIAT 500X, FIAT 500L, or another FIAT model, we’ve got you covered. With our rotating selection of service coupons, you’ll find a great deal on an oil change for your FIAT. Contact us with questions about oil or transmission service, or to schedule your service appointment today.
Related Posts from FIAT of Tacoma
How much is a new FIAT 500X? The 2018 FIAT 500X starts at $19,995 for the entry-level 500X Pop and $22,285 for the top-tier 500X Lounge. This makes the 500X a more affordable option than the 500L. No matter your choice, you’ll enjoy a wide variety of features for the money. Read on to explore…
If you are shopping for a new car in Seattle or Olympia, the body paint color you choose will make a big impression, so you’ll want to make sure it reflects your personality. Find out what your car color says about you, and contact us at FIAT of Tacoma if you have any questions! Contact Us Vehicle…
Do FIAT cars have automatic transmission options? Yes, they do! FIAT has developed a reputation for delivering efficient manual transmissions, as well as compact and powerful engines like the Tigershark®. The truth is, FIAT offers a wide range of transmissions — not just manual. Explore your transmission options for the new FIAT vehicles below! Schedule…