How A FIAT Oil Change Works
- Ensure you have the appropriate filter and the right type of oil for your FIAT. It’s a good idea to check the owner’s manual on your FIAT before you order a new oil filter, but generally speaking, you want an oil filter that’ll last for 3,000 mile oil change intervals.
- You’ll need to jack up your car and ensure you have the proper tools: Box-end wrench, rubber mallet, filter wrench, drain pan, and – of course – your new filter.
- You’ll next remove the drain plug and allow the old oil to flow out. Put a receptacle below the drain plug, so that the old oil doesn’t spill all over.
- Remove the oil filter and install the new one.
- If needed, install a new gasket on the plug. Tighten with the box-end wrench.
There are a few other things to keep in mind: You’ll want to make sure the engine is warm enough to warm the oil, but not too hot. You’ll also want to use jack stands; never work under a car that’s only supported by a jack.
Make Use of Our Service Specials and Coupons in Tacoma, WA
If you don’t feel comfortable changing the oil on your FIAT yourself, let our Seattle-area service technicians take care of oil change services for you and give you an idea of how much your oil change will cost. Whether you’re looking for an oil change on your FIAT 500X, FIAT 500L, or another FIAT model, we’ve got you covered. With our rotating selection of service coupons, you’ll find a great deal on an oil change for your FIAT. Contact us with questions about oil or transmission service, or to schedule your service appointment today.
Related Posts from FIAT of Tacoma
Since FIAT models are sporty and rooted in Italian performance heritage, we’re often asked: “are all FIAT cars stick shift?” FIAT vehicles have a long history as European cars made by innovative minds, so you may be wondering, do FIAT cars have automatic transmission options? Are all European cars manual? While FIAT has developed a reputation for…
In the new 2020 FIAT® 500X, you can go where you want with all you need throughout Tacoma or well beyond it. This compact and capable crossover has an adventurous spirit paired with ample space for gear and advanced tech for a more connected ride than ever before. Learn more about the impressive FIAT®…
Why choose genuine parts over the many options on the generic parts marketplace? They may cost more, but FIAT 500X Mopar genuine replacement parts are made to FIAT factory specifications. That means they’re guaranteed to fit perfectly, and will be covered under warranties. Read on for an overview of FIAT 500X interior accessories, exterior body…