How A FIAT Oil Change Works
- Ensure you have the appropriate filter and the right type of oil for your FIAT. It’s a good idea to check the owner’s manual on your FIAT before you order a new oil filter, but generally speaking, you want an oil filter that’ll last for 3,000 mile oil change intervals.
- You’ll need to jack up your car and ensure you have the proper tools: Box-end wrench, rubber mallet, filter wrench, drain pan, and – of course – your new filter.
- You’ll next remove the drain plug and allow the old oil to flow out. Put a receptacle below the drain plug, so that the old oil doesn’t spill all over.
- Remove the oil filter and install the new one.
- If needed, install a new gasket on the plug. Tighten with the box-end wrench.
There are a few other things to keep in mind: You’ll want to make sure the engine is warm enough to warm the oil, but not too hot. You’ll also want to use jack stands; never work under a car that’s only supported by a jack.
Make Use of Our Service Specials and Coupons in Tacoma, WA
If you don’t feel comfortable changing the oil on your FIAT yourself, let our Seattle-area service technicians take care of oil change services for you and give you an idea of how much your oil change will cost. Whether you’re looking for an oil change on your FIAT 500X, FIAT 500L, or another FIAT model, we’ve got you covered. With our rotating selection of service coupons, you’ll find a great deal on an oil change for your FIAT. Contact us with questions about oil or transmission service, or to schedule your service appointment today.
Related Posts from FIAT of Tacoma
The 2019 FIAT 124 Spider has been earning rave reviews for its classic Italian styling and its bold performance, and at FIAT of Tacoma, we’re proud to carry this sleek roadster in the Tacoma area. If you’ve been itching to get behind the wheel of the latest model, take a look at the latest reviews to see…
If you’re visiting Seattle from the Olympia area or you have business that brings you in from Lakewood, you’re probably wondering what the best way to get from Tacoma to Seattle and back from Seattle to Tacoma again might be. Your answer depends on how you would like to enjoy the scenery and how much…
FIAT Italian was originally established in Turin, Piedmont, Italy in July of 1899 as one of the first, and eventually, the largest automotive manufacturers in Italy. As production and demand for the stylish Italian vehicles increased, however, it became clear that the original factories wouldn’t be enough. New InventoryContact Us FIAT Comes to the U.S. In 1910 the…