How A FIAT Oil Change Works
- Ensure you have the appropriate filter for your FIAT. It’s a good idea to check the owner’s manual on your FIAT before you order a new oil filter, but generally speaking, you want an oil filter that’ll last for 3,000 mile oil change intervals.
- You’ll need to jack up your car and ensure you have the proper tools: Box-end wrench, rubber mallet, filter wrench, drain pan, and – of course – your new filter.
- You’ll next remove the drain plug and allow the old oil to flow out. Put a receptacle below the drain plug, so that the old oil doesn’t spill all over.
- Remove the oil filter and install the new one.
- If needed, install a new gasket on the plug. Tighten with the box-end wrench.
There are a few other things to keep in mind: You’ll want to make sure the engine is warm enough to warm the oil, but not too hot. You’ll also want to use jack stands; never work under a car that’s only supported by a jack.
Make Use of Our Service Specials and Coupons in Tacoma, WA
If you don’t feel comfortable changing the oil on your FIAT yourself, let our Seattle-area service technicians take care of oil change services for you. Whether you’re looking for an oil change on your FIAT 500X, FIAT 500L, or another FIAT model, we’ve got you covered. With our rotating selection of service coupons, you’ll find a great deal on an oil change for your FIAT. Contact us with questions about oil or transmission service, or to schedule your service appointment today.
Related Posts from FIAT of Tacoma
Does Fiat have automatic transmission options? Yes, they do! Fiat has developed a reputation for delivering efficient manual transmissions, as well as compact and powerful engines like the Tigershark®. The truth is, Fiat offers a wide range of transmissions — not just manual. Explore your transmission options for the new Fiat vehicles below! Schedule a…
Buying a new or used car is a significant investment, so it pays to consider your budget before you hit Tacoma dealerships to shop. You’ll need to consider your down payment or trade-in amount, insurance, the cost of maintenance and, of course, your monthly payment. Wondering how to calculate your car payment online? Use our…
Whether you experience a flat tire or your tire tread has worn down due to trips outside Tacoma limits, you’ll want to know how to change a tire. In knowing this bit of automotive trivia, you won’t feel stranded on Lakewood roads, in wait for AAA or a friend to help you out. So, read…