Tire Care Tips: Pressure, Tread Depth, and Rotation
You may not think much about your tires, but they play a very important role in your FIAT’s reliability and longevity. Taking care of the tires of your FIAT 500 can improve other features on your vehicle, such as fuel efficiency your safety – both essential for your I-705 drive.
How do I check the tire pressure?
Checking your tire pressure is a great way to see if there is a leak in your tire that should be fixed. When your tires aren’t properly filled, it can cause you to lose traction on your weekend drive to Puget Sound. To check your tire pressure:
- Make sure your tires haven’t been driven in several hours.
- Locate an accurate tire pressure gauge.
- Find your FIAT’s recommended PSI for your vehicle. Find it in the owner’s manual.
- Remove the end caps on your tires’ air valves.
- Place the pressure gauge into the air valve.
- Read the displayed PSI and compare to the recommended PSI.
- If your tire pressure is low, fill your tire with air until you’re at the right PSI level.
Easy as that!
How do I check tire tread depth?
When your tire tread depth is low, you have bald tires. You’ll have less traction on the road, which can be dangerous for mountain driving. Check your tire tread depth monthly, by:
- Looking at your tires. If you notice the tread is missing and the tires seem flat all the way around, it’s time to change your tires.
- Do the penny test: Stick a penny into the tread of your FIAT. If you can still see the face of the Honest Abe, then your treads are in good shape.
Why should I rotate my tires?
When your tires are on your vehicle, they tend to get worn in certain areas. For instance, most tires will wear out toward the outside of the tire. By rotating your tires, you’re giving your tires the chance to last longer by creating more even tire wear on the vehicle. As a rule of thumb, it’s a good idea to rotate your tires during every oil change.
Let FIAT of Tacoma Help You with Tire Care
Whether you’re driving the FIAT 500 or the FIAT 124 Spider—or any other model—the service center at FIAT of Tacoma can help you receive the tire care you need. Contact our service center today or see our current coupons – including tire coupons and oil change coupons – to save money on your service needs.
More from FIAT of Tacoma
FIAT models like the 2018 FIAT 500 are known for their bite-sized dimensions and stylish looks, but Olympia and Lakewood drivers may be surprised to see just how much you can fit into a FIAT 500 interior. The 2018 FIAT 500 offers an interior volume of 121.1 cubic feet, as well as 22.4 cubic feet…
Sure, the 2018 FIAT 500 delivers classic European style and solid MPG ratings, but how much does the new FIAT 500 cost? The MSRP of the 2018 version starts from just $16,245. Of course, the price is variable upon which configuration of the 2018 FIAT 500 you choose. Olympia drivers: Explore the FIAT 500 price options here…
With an accessible MSRP from only $16,245, the 2018 FIAT 500 offers impressive performance specs, but these performance specs don’t compromise fuel efficiency. Take a closer look at the estimated FIAT 500 MPG ratings here at FIAT of Tacoma. Compare the FIAT Further Have Any Questions? FIAT 500 MPG Ratings by Powertrain The 2018 Fiat 500 comes…