Tire Care Tips: Pressure, Tread Depth, and Rotation
You may not think much about your tires, but they play a very important role in your FIAT’s reliability and longevity. Taking care of the tires of your FIAT 500 can improve other features on your vehicle, such as fuel efficiency your safety – both essential for your I-705 drive.
How do I check the tire pressure?
Checking your tire pressure is a great way to see if there is a leak in your tire that should be fixed. When your tires aren’t properly filled, it can cause you to lose traction on your weekend drive to Puget Sound. To check your tire pressure:
- Make sure your tires haven’t been driven in several hours.
- Locate an accurate tire pressure gauge.
- Find your FIAT’s recommended PSI for your vehicle. Find it in the owner’s manual.
- Remove the end caps on your tires’ air valves.
- Place the pressure gauge into the air valve.
- Read the displayed PSI and compare to the recommended PSI.
- If your tire pressure is low, fill your tire with air until you’re at the right PSI level.
Easy as that!
How do I check tire tread depth?
When your tire tread depth is low, you have bald tires. You’ll have less traction on the road, which can be dangerous for mountain driving. Check your tire tread depth monthly, by:
- Looking at your tires. If you notice the tread is missing and the tires seem flat all the way around, it’s time to change your tires.
- Do the penny test: Stick a penny into the tread of your FIAT. If you can still see the face of the Honest Abe, then your treads are in good shape.
Why should I rotate my tires?
When your tires are on your vehicle, they tend to get worn in certain areas. For instance, most tires will wear out toward the outside of the tire. By rotating your tires, you’re giving your tires the chance to last longer by creating more even tire wear on the vehicle. As a rule of thumb, it’s a good idea to rotate your tires during every oil change.
Let FIAT of Tacoma Help You with Tire Care
Whether you’re driving the FIAT 500 or the FIAT 124 Spider—or any other model—the service center at FIAT of Tacoma can help you receive the tire care you need. Contact our service center today or see our current coupons – including tire coupons and oil change coupons – to save money on your service needs.
More from FIAT of Tacoma
FIAT 500X vs. FIAT 500L Contact Us The Tigershark engine is exclusive to the FIAT Chrysler brand. It first arrived in the 2013 model year, and now Lakewood drivers can enjoy the Tigershark Multiair Engine on the FIAT 500X. Learn more about this engine here at FIAT of Tacoma. 2.4L Tigershark Engine Specs The 2.4L Tigershark engine…
FIAT Service Specials Contact Us Wondering how an oil change works on your FIAT 500 or other FIAT model? Ensure you have the appropriate filter for your FIAT. It’s a good idea to check the owner’s manual on your FIAT before you order a new oil filter, but generally speaking, you want an oil filter…
Contact Us There are many things to consider when you’re in the market for a used car near Federal Way. The team at FIAT of Tacoma came up with a used car buying checklist, so that Kent drivers can have a hassle-free car-buying experience. What to Keep in Mind When You Buying Used or Pre-owned…