How A FIAT Oil Change Works
- Ensure you have the appropriate filter for your FIAT. It’s a good idea to check the owner’s manual on your FIAT before you order a new oil filter, but generally speaking, you want an oil filter that’ll last for 3,000 mile oil change intervals.
- You’ll need to jack up your car and ensure you have the proper tools: Box-end wrench, rubber mallet, filter wrench, drain pan, and – of course – your new filter.
- You’ll next remove the drain plug and allow the old oil to flow out. Put a receptacle below the drain plug, so that the old oil doesn’t spill all over.
- Remove the oil filter and install the new one.
- If needed, install a new gasket on the plug. Tighten with the box-end wrench.
There are a few other things to keep in mind: You’ll want to make sure the engine is warm enough to warm the oil, but not too hot. You’ll also want to use jack stands; never work under a car that’s only supported by a jack.
Make Use of Our Service Specials and Coupons in Tacoma, WA
If you don’t feel comfortable changing the oil on your FIAT yourself, let our Seattle-area service technicians take care of oil change services for you. Whether you’re looking for an oil change on your FIAT 500X, FIAT 500L, or another FIAT model, we’ve got you covered. With our rotating selection of service coupons, you’ll find a great deal on an oil change for your FIAT. Contact us with questions about oil or transmission service, or to schedule your service appointment today.
Related Posts from FIAT of Tacoma
The 2018 FIAT 500 colors range from soft Metallo Gray to bold Luminosa Orange. From POP to Lounge to Abarth, each configuration offers a unique range of colors, as well as performance, comfort, and technology features. Explore the new 500‘s exterior color options, trims, and star features below! Learn MoreNew FIAT 500Contact Us 500 POP…
One of the most prominent and impressive landmarks in the state of Washington if not the entire Pacific Northwest, Mount Rainier towers majestically over the Cascade Range. Located just a little more than 42 miles from Tacoma, Mount Rainier is recognizable to everyone who lives in the region, however there are a number of interesting…
Learning how to check your transmission fluid in your new FIAT, Alfa Romeo can help prevent car problems in the future. It’s easier than you might think! Just follow the steps below. Schedule Service Contact Us Five Steps to Checking Your Transmission Fluid Start your car and let the engine run to warm up. Locate the transmission…